- 2 ounces of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet apple (such as Golden Delicious), peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter or tahini
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, optional
- Apple slices, carrot slices, and/or whole wheat crackers
1. In a food processor bowl or blender container place half of the following ingredients: garbanzo beans, chopped apple, lemon juice, peanut butter, water, salt, apple pie spice, and cayenne. Cover and process or blend until smooth; transfer to bowl. Repeat with the remaining half of above ingredients; combine with the previously blended batch. Cover; refrigerate up to 3 days. Before serving, sprinkle the dip with cayenne pepper.
2. Serve dip with apple slices, carrot slices, and/or whole wheat crackers. Makes 3 cups (24 2-tablespoon servings).