Application and Selection Schedule
- January 9, 2015: Service member application opens.
- March 31, 2015: Application closes at 11:59 pm EST.
- April 2015: First Round application reviews conducted by FoodCorps.
- Early May 2015: All candidates notified of their application status. Candidates whose applications are selected to advance to the second round are sent to ONE Host Site / state for consideration.
- May 2015: Candidates selected for the Second Round may be contacted by the Host Site or a Service Site for an interview. Note: Even if you are selected for the Second Round, you may not be selected for an interview.
- Early June 2015: Positions offered to applicants selected by our Host and Service Sites as their first choices. All remaining candidates are put on the waiting list. If a candidate declines an offer, we move on to candidates on the wait list. Once all of the positions in a given state are filled we notify the remaining candidates that the positions have been filled.
If you are selected to advance to the next round in the selection process, your application materials will be sent to one state for review. You will be given an opportunity to select your first, second, and third choice state(s) within your application, including the option to serve anywhere. The Host and Service Sites for that state will review approximately 10 applications for each position offered and choose to interview a smaller number of candidates from that pool.
the most recent statistics about applications and acceptance to each state. You will note that some states are more competitive than others.
And we recommend going to our application overview page for more details!