The application to serve up change with FoodCorps is now open!
Application and Selection Schedule
- January 8, 2016: Service member application opens.
- March 31, 2016: Application closes at 6:00 PM PST.
- April 2016: FoodCorps will review the first round of applications.
- Early May 2016: All candidates notified of their application status. Candidates whose applications are selected to advance to the second round are sent to ONE state program for consideration.
- May 2016: Candidates selected for the second round may be contacted for an interview. Note: Advancing to the second round does not mean that you will be contacted for an interview.
- Early June 2016: Positions are offered to the applicants who have been selected by our Service Site partners as their first choice. All remaining candidates are put on the waiting list. If a candidate declines an offer, we move on to candidates on the waiting list. Once all of the positions in a given state are filled we notify the remaining candidates that the positions have been filled.
If you are selected to advance to the next round in the selection process, your application materials will be sent to one state for review. You will be given an opportunity to select your first, second, and third choice state(s) within your application, including the option to serve anywhere. The Host Sites and Service Sites for that state will review approximately 10 applications for each position offered and choose to interview a smaller number of candidates from that pool.
the most recent statistics about applications and acceptance to each state. You will note that some states are more competitive than others.
And we recommend going to our application overview page for more details!