FoodCorps is grateful for its partnership with Vitamix. Each year, Vitamix donates blenders that help our service members teach kids how to turn healthy fruits and vegetables into smoothies, dips, soups, and other tasty meals. Thanks to Vitamix for sharing one of their most popular recipes: pesto sauce!
From now through December 30, you can donate to FoodCorps and enter to win a Vitamix blender.
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (60 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except salt and pepper, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat 1 pound (455g) of pasta.