For the slaw:
- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 to 3 apples (any kind will do)
- 2-3 carrots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or naturally sweetened dried cranberries
- small handful cilantro (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- juice of one lime
- 1 tsp cumin (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred the red cabbage into fine strips and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Grate the carrots using a big holed grater and add it to the bowl.
- If using cilantro, finely chop a small handful and add it to the salad mix.
- Add in the raisins.
- Cut the apple into thin match-stick pieces and add it to the salad. If you’re chopping up this salad ahead of time, don’t cut the apple until you’re ready to dress the salad because they’ll turn brown. Toss everything together well.
- For the dressing start with olive oil in a jar or a bowl.
- Add the honey, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper to the oil. Put the lid on and shake the dressing until the oil and other liquids are mixed well.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss well until everything is coated in the dressing.
- Serve chilled and enjoy eating those tasty plant parts!