Interested in Hosting a FoodCorps Service Member?
Learn about our requirements for Service Sites here.
FoodCorps’ mission is to work with communities to connect kids to healthy food in school. We partner with community organizations, school districts, and schools who play a critical role in fulfilling this mission and directly support service members on implementing high quality programming.
Service sites oversee service members in their day-to-day activities and service members spend the majority of their time in schools, focusing on three areas of service as outlined on this page.
Some of the key requirements to become a FoodCorps service site include but are not limited to:
- Your organization works in one of the states that FoodCorps currently serves, which are listed here.
- Service sites must demonstrate their commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of program management for FoodCorps.
- Service sites pay an annual program service fee of $7,500 per service member to FoodCorps.
- Service members may be assigned to a maximum of 2 schools, one of which must include elementary grade levels. Members may not be assigned to serve high schools.
- Partnering schools must be of high-need, where at least 50% of the student population is eligible for free or reduced price lunch or an equivalent measure (such as community eligibility).
- Service sites must support members to teach or co-teach ongoing hands-on, food-based lessons in schools. Members must teach a minimum of 80 students in grades K-8 for 10+ instructional hours over the course of their service term.
Site requirements for the 2021-22 school year will be made available in February 2021. Please note that some states may have additional or unique requirements specific to that state. Please reach out to the contact in your organization’s state for more information.
If your organization is not eligible to apply at this moment but would like to receive our organizational updates, please sign up for our newsletter here.
If your organization works in one of the states that FoodCorps currently serves, meets the requirements and would like to apply to become a service site, please contact us for further information by sending an email to your state’s FoodCorps staff member. You can find their information by clicking on your state on the map here. They will provide you with information about additional state-specific requirements, if any, and assist you with the application process. Or, you may fill out the form below to contact us.
Interested in hosting a service member?