Interested in Hosting a FoodCorps Service Member?
Learn about our requirements for Service Sites here.
Service sites are our community partners who oversee service members in their day-to-day activities. These are schools, school districts, local government agencies, or nonprofit organizations that share FoodCorps’ mission of connecting kids to healthy food in school, so they can lead healthier lives and reach their full potential. Service members spend the majority of their time in schools, focusing on three areas of service as outlined on this page.
Some of the key requirements to become a FoodCorps service site include but are not limited to:
- Your organization works in one of the 18 states that FoodCorps currently serves, which are listed here.
- Service sites must demonstrate their commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Service sites pay an annual program service fee of $7,500 per service member.
- Service sites must be able to identify and establish strong relationships with 1-2 high-need schools that serve elementary aged students, where members will be assigned. Members may not be assigned to serve high schools.
- Service sites must support members to teach or co-teach at least 10 hours of ongoing, hands-on instruction to 80+ students in grades K-5.
Please see the full Service Site Requirement for the 2018-19 Program Year here.
If your organization is not eligible to apply at this moment but would like to receive our organizational updates, please sign up for our newsletter here.
If your organization works in one of the 18 states that FoodCorps currently serves, meets the requirements and would like to apply to become a service site, please complete the form below.
Interested in hosting a service member?